Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mozambique Update #1

May 30, 2005
Hello everyone, WOW!!!! That statement sums everything up! God is soo good. I arrived here in Pemba, Mozambique on Friday, May 27th and God has been working already. I am currently sleeping in a tent and it is wonderful. I have met so many incredibly on fire for God people here. They all have the same heart and mind that I do. I have never been in one place that everyone around me is seeking God with all their heart and wants Gods will for their lives more than anything else in the world. AWWWW!!! I wish all of you guys could be here experiencing this.

Like I said I am staying in tents with about 12 other girls and one couple, and honestly in the beginning I was a little bummed out about not being in a dorm but now I love it. We have the most tight nit group of all of the school. (Mom, the beach mat that I bought......best investment ever!) The nights and days are long. It gets pitch black here around 6pm and the sun rises around 5:30 or 6am. I have pretty much been going in rhythm of the sun. My energy level is rising. Still trying to get in the swing of things in this culture! I want to thank all of you that have supported me in coming here. This is the best investment you could have made into my life and the lives of the Mozambiqueans.

I am at the internet cafe that has just one computer and the server is slow, so I will end this one now. I love all of you very much and please continue to pray for strength and wisdom. I am slowly but surely finding my place here at Iris Ministries. God is good all the Time!!!
God Speed,
Joy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home